Case Study Incident Management
The Customer tracks Incident tickets in USM. For some cases they need to send the tickets to their partner. The partner uses Jira Service Management for processing of Incidents. The requirement was that the USM Service Desk users should be able to create a Jira Issue directly from the USM Incident Ticket.
- Synchronization of selected fields (Standard and Custom) between Jira Issues and USM Tickets
- The trigger for creating a jira issue is assignment of the USM Ticket to a specific Support Group
- The target Jira Project ist predefined in the USM Support group
- Synchronization of Comments and Ticket descriptions
- Synchronization of Attachments
- If the status of Ticket or Issue is changed the interface should create a comment / ticket description with that information
For the implementation of the interface the customer decided to use our USU Service Management Connector for Jira. It consists of two parts:
- Plugin for Jira Server
- Preconfigured Package for USM (Configuration of Generic Interface and Custom Workflows)
On the USM site the Generic Interface actions have been modified to meet the customer’s requirements. The calling of the interface actions was integrated into the USM Processes.
Case Study Change Management
Case Study Incident Management with Project synchronization