Case Study Incident Management with Project synchronization
The Customer tracks Incident tickets in USM. For some cases they need to send the tickets to Jira.
- Synchronization of selected fields (Standard and Custom) between Jira Issues and USM Tickets
- The trigger for creating a jira issue is a new Button on the USM Ticket view
- After clicking on the button the USM user has to select the target Jira Project and Issue Type
- The Jira Projects and Issue Types have to be pulled from Jira to USM
- Synchronization of Comments and Ticket descriptions
- Synchronization of Attachments
For the implementation of the interface the customer decided to use our USU Service Management Connector for Jira. It consists of two parts:
- Plugin for Jira Server
- Preconfigured Package for USM (Configuration of Generic Interface and Custom Workflows)
On the USM site the Generic Interface actions have been modified to meet the customer’s requirements. The calling of the interface actions was integrated into the USM Processes.
The Jira Projects and their Issue Types are synched periodically via a USM Process.
Case Study Incident Management
Case Study Change Management